County LogoClallam County, Washington


Oil-based paint can be taken to the Moderate Risk Waste Facility (MRWF) located at the Port Angeles Transfer Station and is open on Saturdays from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm.

This service is free for Clallam County residents. Information about the MRWF can be found here.

Several cans of oil-based paint

Latex paint is not accepted at the MRWF.  For disposal, check if someone you know can use it, or put it on

If it must be disposed, it can be solidified by putting cat litter or sawdust in the can and allowing the paint to solidify.  Once the paint has hardened, it can be placed in the garbage can with regular pick up.

A collection of old latex paint cans

Accidental Ingestion of Hazardous Substance-Call Washington Poison Center
The logo of the Poison Help Line 1-800-222-1222

An important phone number to have posted next to your phone or stored in your phone is the Washington Poison Center at 1-800-222-1222.  The Washington Poison Center (WAPC) is a statewide provider of immediate, free, and expert treatment advice and assistance on the telephone in case of exposure to poisonous, hazardous, or toxic substances. For more information on the services offered at WAPC, go to their website at Washington Poison Center.

If you have additional questions about Household Hazardous Waste or are unable to find the proper method of disposal for your waste, please contact Environmental Health using our email form or call us at 360-417-2258.

Clallam County Health & Human Services
Contact Information | Email Us