County LogoClallam County, Washington

General Household Hazardous Waste

For disposal of Household Hazardous Waste, please use the Moderate Risk Waste Facility (MRWF) at the Regional Transfer Station located at: 3501 West 18th Street, Port Angeles.  The MRWF is only open on Saturdays from 11 – 4.

The MRWF accepts the following hazardous household items: Oil-based paints, aerosols, automotive products, household cleaners, fertilizers, garden products, pesticides/herbicides, equipment containing mercury, hobby chemicals, flammable liquids, corrosives, oxidizers, solvents, and other hazardous materials.

Additionally, you can drop off the following at any Transfer Station during operating hours: Automobile batteries, automobile oil, and antifreeze.

For more information call the Transfer Station Scalehouse at 360-417-4875 or Clallam County Environmental Health at 360-417-2258. Download the MRWF brochure here.

The Moderate Risk Waste building

Click on the Google Map below for directions to the MRW Facility from the Port Angeles Courthouse.

The MRW Facility does not currently accept the following Hazardous Wastes: Latex Paint, Fluorescent Tubes, Pharmaceuticals, or Business Waste.

If you have additional questions about household hazardous waste or are unable to find the proper method of disposal for your waste, please contact Environmental Health using our email form or call us at 360-417-2258.

Clallam County Health & Human Services
Contact Information | Email Us