County LogoClallam County, Washington

Title Transfers

To apply for a title on a vehicle or vessel the new owners will need the following items:

  • Proof of Ownership:

    • Manufactured Statement of Origin (for brand new vehicles)
    • Title properly released by all legal and registered owners
    • Affidavit in Lieu of Title/Release of Interest Form
    • Special circumstances
      • Abandoned Vehicle Report (AVR)
      • Notarized release of interest (for 3 year registration only)

  • Proper Identification:

    • Valid Washington Driver's License

  • Bill of Sale

  • Odometer Disclosure - Only for vehicles 9 years old or newer

    • Federal law requires the disclosure of vehicle mileage on an odometer disclosure statement when transferring ownership on a motor vehicle 9 years old and newer. Odometer disclosure statements must have a secure printing process. Disclosures must show on the certificate of title or on a separate secure odometer disclosure form.

  • Title Application:

    • Notarized signatures of all registered owners to be shown on the new title.

Since a title transfer requires a notarized or certified signature of the new owners, it is not possible to process these on the Internet.

Reference Links:

Washington State Department of Licensing - Titles
Washington State Department of Licensing - Buying or selling a vehicle
Washington State Department of Licensing - Use Tax
Report of Sale - Vehicle
Report of Sale - Vessel